Coming together as women do… Women’s Retreat 1-3 July
- The non-residential price, including all meals, is £210
- You can bring your own bedding and sleep on comfortable bunk beds on a mezzanine above the Dance hall for £230. There are 10 bunks. Some camping is also possible for the same price.
Other accommodation is in very comfortable flats, with kitchens so you can make tea and snacks for yourselves whenever you want. The flats each sleep around 3-6 people. One flat is situated on the ground floor and is wheelchair accessible, as is the hall where we will dance and eat.
- In a shared room with 2-3 people in each room the price is £270 (or £250 per person if two of you are happy to share a double bed!).
- If you are blessed with abundance and would like to support a woman who would find it hard to afford to come, you can pay a Generosity ‘Paying it Forward’ Price with an additional donation of your choice. Please let me know if you would be willing and able to do this without negative impact on your circumstances, so I can offer this support to someone in need.
- If you need financial support to attend, please ask. There may be support from the ‘Paying it Forward’ scheme. Additionally, although the costs of hiring the Westwood Centre are fairly high, once they are covered by the requisite number of bookings I am happy to discuss bursaries.
I am very grateful to my dear friend Hannah Flint for cooking for us all weekend, and providing us with delicious, comforting and nourishing vegetarian meals and snacks. All food and teas etc is included in the price, although you are free to bring any special teas, snacks or food items you might need or want. There are small kitchens with fridges, kettles, cookers and microwaves in the flats, as well as the main kitchen where Hannah will be preparing our food. Please let me know your dietary requirements and we will do our best to accommodate them. Certainly we can provide for gluten free and vegan diets.
Please drop me an email or a message to say you’ve paid!
The balance is due in full by 21 June. If you need to cancel after the end of May, any refund will be discretionary – I will do my best to help. I will need to retain a minimum of £50 to cover administrative costs, and further refunds may depend on managing to fill your place. But please talk to me!
The Westwood Centre is in a beautiful location, and there are big windows looking out over the valley which the sun streams through into the spacious and airy dance space. There is a very well-equipped kitchen, and there is disabled access. It’s rural, but on a bus route from Huddersfield. It is also walkable from Slaithwaite train station (1 mile uphill, or a £5 taxi). There are direct trains from Leeds and Manchester Piccadilly. If you need to come by car, we encourage you to share lifts, and we can help facilitate that.
Please do get back to me if you have any questions or concerns. I hope you will be able to be part of this warm and loving group!
Feel free to pass this information on to other likeminded women who might be interested.